i have a BIG problem NEED SOME ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok heres the deal. my daughter is 3 now and shes had this bad habit since she was a baby and i didnt think much of it then cause i thought shed grow out of it by now. she is always stickin her her hand down her pants. im scared to send her to her to daycare cause it might get me into trouble. ive talked to her doc and she said its just a phase and she out grow it but shes not. wat can i do to make her stop ANY IDEAS????

harliesmommy09

Asked by harliesmommy09 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Reward her for NOT doing it. Tell her for everyday she doesn't do it where anyone can see,she gets a treat at the end of the day

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Put her in jeans with a belt so she cannot do that. Talk to her about it being inappropriate in public. Correct her every time she does it. She probably is not even aware of it anymore.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's normal behavior. They all do it. You could talk to her about it and let her know it's not something to do in public but other than that, I wouldn't punish her for it. it's completely normal.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Very normal mom, just explain and keep harping that you don't this unless you are alone and in private. My niece at 3 use to masturbate herself to sleep during nap time at school, I just about died of embarrassment but was told that it was very normal. She will outgrow this, just keep harping. The will not reprimand a kid in preschool for this.

Answer by older at 10:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Ahh I've had the same problem that older mentioned about the masturbation thing...luckily my daughter grew out of that phase already because it was mortifying! Just keep explaining to her as you have been that she shouldn't do that infront of others.as far as you getting into some kind of trouble with the school over it I think your just a tad but paranoid..ALOT of kids go through this or even worse at this age so don't worry yourself about that :)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• well ive tryed eveything. the only time she really does it is when she sucks her thumb. but it drives my NUTS ive tred to tell her to play with her belly button instead
    harliesmommy09

Comment by harliesmommy09 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's normal. Just redirect her, tell her she only does that in her bathroom or bedroom, don't make a huge issue out of it when she does it (kids go off of reactions)..she WILL grow out of eventually.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• at wat age do most grow out of it?
    harliesmommy09

Comment by harliesmommy09 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It is normal, my 13 month old son humps the floor! LOL
    But she is only enough for you to explain to her that she shouldnt do it in public. If she wants to do that at home its okay but in public its not for anyone else to see.
    Supermama323

Answer by Supermama323 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The best thing you can do is talk to her about it. " I notice you put your hands down you pants alot, why is that?" Or, the next time she does it, question it. Talk to her about where her hands can go, that she needs to only do that in the bathroom or her bedroom. Sounds like its a great time to teach her about privacy and her lady parts. But, I am sure if you sent her to daycare, nobody would think twice because its so normal for this age group!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 1:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011