nedi pot users.

I am new to it. so here is my question can I just use a teaspoon of salt instead of buying the packets? The instructions say NO but I hear alot do use the salt anyways. thanks

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• You can use table salt. 1/2 teaspoon of salt per 8 oz warm water
    My doctor recommended the sinus rinse bottle at www.neilmed.com which provides easy gentle pressure. It is available at a lot of drug & grocery stores. I keep the bottle at the kitchen sink & use it first thing in the morning. I rinse the bottle & cap & store them upside down on the baby bottle drainer. One plastic bottle lasts me a year & I keep the salt packets for travel but just use regular salt at home. It is very quick & has greatly reduced my need for allergy meds.
    Verrine

Answer by Verrine at 10:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• use a half tsp of NON iodized salt. If it burns too much you don't have enough water or too much salt. You can buy them with the cups and a little spoon thingie, and go buy a 79 cent package of non iodized salt. But let me stress NON IODIZED. lol.
    Good luck. :) Nedi pots are nasty but they work so well!
    TheMaMaBear_321

Answer by TheMaMaBear_321 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You can use pickling salt, I believe. But just use a very tiny, tiny amount to start out and see how it goes. I found that it burnt my nose so bad. Even with the packaged salt, I can only use a little bit.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• NETI pots:
    A Link

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus-pain-pressure-9/neti-pots

Informatiion about NETI pots.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• thanks ladies! what is pickling salt? never heard of it.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2011