Gray hair already?

At least two gray hairs have sprouted on my 34-year old noggin. Is this normal? My mother and grandmother seemed to start getting them closer to their 50's and still have mostly dark brunette hair. Not that I have anything against gray hair, just curious about when it's supposed to happen normally.

beshka76

Asked by beshka76 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Everybody is different.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes, I started getting them in my early 30's.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Normal, normal, normal. I swear when my husband is on my case I sprout them instantaneously.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't know about normal but I have had some gray hair since I was 26 I have a little more at 34, Not even yet to the point you notice unless you are looking though. I don't have patches or anything like that.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• when I was 20, I sat and counted 50 of them in one very small part of the top of my head- at that point I decided I would NEVER see my natural color again...and I havn't ;)

I was told that my uncle was going grey at 18.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I've got more than a couple at 26 :( its different for everyone.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Mine are coming in at 28!! :( I had an aunt gray at 20.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My DH was fully grey at 34, so it could be wore. He started greying at 20. I think it looks sexy on him though.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If you have darker hair, you tend to notice them sooner. It's totally normal. Hence, hair color. It's our best friend! There was a girl my daughter went to high school with, she had totally black hair and had to start coloring before she got out of high school. Ugh... That is why so many women tend to go blond as they get older.. it's easier to maintain and you can hide the grays longer!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Im 25 will be 26 in March and have at least 5-6 strands already. Noticed my first at 21-22.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2011