does anyone out there know how to many bladder infection and relation to constipation

My youngest is now on 4 th antibotic and can not get rid of bladder infections. Went to a specialist yesterday and will go back for several sections on the 18th and then every three to four weeks to see if everything is working okay. But they think all related to constipation. But to my what does constipation have to do with kidneys. Any one know?

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 10:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• Yes bldder infections are related to kidneys. Is your child drinking enough fluids because if not it really can affect both. Cranberry juice really helps as I sm sure you have been told. I am an Rn and this is very odd to me also. It could possibly be related to the child pushing to have a bm and it could put a strain on her bladder.
    Good luck!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If a child is constipated, the stool in the bowels can push up against the bladder not allowing the bladder to fully empty when urinating. this allows bacteria to grow causing bladder infections. I have just googled bladder issues to death recently because I just had a CT scan on my bladder and kidneys for a bladder condition. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• thanks to the cafemom that have answered this question.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• my daughter just had something like this. literally we were in the doc last week for it. I dont think its so much causing the infection, its that the poo builds up so much it starts to press down on the bladder and makes them pee a lot. maybe it could even cause some irritation? i know my daughter was being 30 times a day (not exaggerating) so they put her on miralax for 4 days and after the first day she wasnt having to pee so much anymore.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 7:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2011