Does anyone else have an anxiety disorder?

I have PTSD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder with some agoraphobia. I don't like to drive, don't socialize much, and don't go anywhere unless someone else is driving. I have a hard time feeling comfortable with many situations. I do have meds for this.

Problem is, I'm scared that many people don't understand why I act like I do and I don't know how to tell them without feeling like a whiny, weak person. I have kids with social lives, which requires me to interact w/ moms IRL. How do I do this?

beshka76

Asked by beshka76 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• I have suffered from very bad anxiety. Believe it or not exercise helped me manage it some, but I saw a therapist for quite awhile that helped me get through it. The thing about anxiety is that there is no way to just get rid of it, you have to heal it in order to move forward. Good Luck, and remember there is ALWAYS a reason why people feel the way they do.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes i do and your welcome to message me =)
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• alot of people in your everyday life may not understand, people whom dont deal with it directly or indirectly just dont understand sometimes, dont worry bout that, we all have different issues some more noticeable than others.
    Try some exercise like above poster said, walking is a good way to kick in some good natural healing meds. in your body and try to greet other walkers with a smile, a 'hello', 'nice weather we are having..', work your way to healed by taking baby steps and push yourself as far ot little as you can deal with, such as maybe slightly uncomfortable but still do-able, dont force it too hard before you are ready and eventually you will get to a point of realizing even when you dont make great strides, or a friendship/conversation you wanted to go well, that at least it went smoothly, its a step up when you arent too anxious to even try.-you know how much is too much and you know it isnt aways gonna cont.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 9:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• cont.--- it always wont be smooth sailing. Take on the little hurdles until you can get ovr the bigger ones, take your breaks when you feel you need to and you will start realizing you are gaining without realizing it at first. Join a support group if you can, look on cafemom for one dealing with whatever caused your disorder/anxiety, those didnt work as well for me but, I started helping those whom had same issues PTSD in whatever ways I could and by doing that it helped heal me.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 9:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2011