Gasoline prices under Clinton, Bush and Obama

It's an interesting reality when comparing agendas and facts side by side.  I think too often our myopic views of our choices in elected leadership end up nearly diminishing our perceptions of fact.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/01/07/gas-prices-under-president-obama-in-pictures/

Based on the images above, what do you think about Obama's environmental agenda?

With so many concerned about the price per gallon expected to once again reach $4.00 or more this summer, what do you think of Obama's energy secretary, Stephen Chu, having gone on record with his statement from two-years ago where he expressed a desire to increase the US cost per gallon to $7 - $9 to match Europe's prices?! Do you think the Obama Administration is slowly succeeding in achieving this goal?

And to keep things CURRENT, what do you think about this: "Deep-Water Drilling Permits Down 88% in Gulf Since Obama Lifted Moratorium?"

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 10:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Jesse, on what do you base that assertion?

Well, jsbenkert, I base it on his promise as candidate BO to "not rest" until he has made this country independent of foreign oil. As PBO, he has cut off any prospect of drilling in our own enormous 'oil pond', but has given our rights to Brazil which gives his bud Soros the ability to make a huge amount of money. He has subverted the legislative process with Cap and Trade legislation by instructing the EPA to implement policies to tax, he has pushed the VAT on us which is not in our best interest but in the interest of the elitist running the gov't. Where is this not breaking the backs of the Amer. people? He has not proven he has my best interest at heart, but his own.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Blogs are not necessarily unreliable. Facts are facts no matter who posts them. You have to back up the "news" anymore just as hard as a blog. and the only real difference is, at the end of a blog, you know how the writer feels about the subject.

This is why I read everything...And don't discredit the source up front... I can easily search and verify or discredit any information.

I miss gas being 2 bucks a gallon.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• That is sooooo paranoid.

No, that is reality. You cannot get elected without money. You get that money from lobby groups - private donations from individual voters wouldn't even put a dent in the cost of those columns on the stage. Money from lobby groups comes with very heavy strings attached - always has, always will. The fact that you are so quick to dismiss it as paranoia just demonstrates you don't really understand how it works - we're talking chapter 5 of any basic poli sci textbook here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• His agenda is to destroy this country even more.

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Gerpielu, it is a well researched and documented blog. But you just put those blinders on and go back to sleep.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Where is the year 1999 represented on those graphs? I see two of the Clinton years highlighted, and two of the Bush years highlighted (unless I've completely lost my mind, I do believe that he was in office in 2001-2002)

It's comparing the first 2 years of each president's term, since that's what Obama has right now. If it included more years for the former presidents and it showed them doing better, the obvious "defense" would then be "but but they had more time". This removes that excuse. And if you look at their long-term charts, for the vast majority of both of their terms, they did do better. There were occasional spikes, but even with those (even with the $4+) their averages were lower and their overall changes were lower. It's only equitable to compare the same time frame for all 3.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Gas is up, anon, because PBO shut down any hopes of us drilling our own oil. This puts us at the will and whim of OPEC. They can charge anything they want and we have no way to counter. If we drilled our own, we could say that we won't pay it and pull our business from them. We could effect the price. Now, we can only pay what they demand. PBO has done that for us (and his liberal progressive czars)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I agree with jesse: "His 'environmental' agenda is to make us completely dependent on other countries. Just another way to break the backs of the American people."
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• YOU are not the nicest person either. You and Carpy and Lorikeet ARE the mean girls at CM.

I'm jealous....Carpy, Mommy and Lori are always members of The Meangirl Guild AND Lori is Miss Perfect on top of that......I never get to have ant fun!!! Boohoohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I was just reading an interesting article about Obama intentionally pushing up gas prices to attempt to force us into going "green".
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2011