Do you avoid certain question or topics here on CM?

I can no longer read the religious debate ques- they are just too upsetting & seem to be more about bashing others than a true ques/ans session. I also avoid ques. that ask for personal info- like income, where I live, etc. What about you?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Yes. I filter heavily now. I avoid most political threads and absolutely avoid anything with a debate label attached to it. If I feel like something is definitely going to get out of control, I avoid it. And if something shouldn't have gotten out of control but ends up that way anyway, I stop participating. Learned it all the hard way. I don't post pictures of my kids or my husband or myself or anyone else, besides my profile image. I'm not specific about my location or income and things like that, but I do give general information like my metro area and income class.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I mostly avoid formula vs. breastfeeding debates. It's just a debate that is never going to end. We all do the best we can for our babies, end of story. lol
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Usually just the religious questions..people will forever argue about this and I'm tired of hearing it. To each their own. Those are really the only ones I avoid opening, but there have been others that I've read and decided I'm not touching it with a 10ft pole.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I try to avoid religious or political questions. Sometimes I can't though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I sure do - many, in fact. Too many, especially in certain question areas, that are unable to have intelligent conversation and true debate and resort to infantile behaviors such as bashing and arguing.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Question about income and how much you pay for things,etc. are really nobody's business and it is rude for anyone to ask for details like that.
    I usually tell them that money quetsions are off limits.
    Or I avoid them.
    I also get tired of the same old questions about "could I be preggo".....oy.... and "How old were you when you first had sex"....so stupid and shallow. I suspect there are lots of teens posting here.
    The rest of the topics can be interesting.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have decided to avoid questions when I read responses and see the name calling start. I guess that means I need to start avoiding the debate topics.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I avoid the Breast feeding questions, the religious ones becaus eI am not knowlegable in that department I only know what I believe, money is no ones business and am I pregnant questions well did ya have sex or what LOL! and anything I find really outragous like a troll question
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I also avoid religion, political, am I pregnant, I had sex yesterday & questions from women who check their own cervix!!! WTH??? Why????
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I avoid the one's where it sounds like a sticky situation & I don't want to get in the middle of something
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011