Did anyone get some of their baby items off of craigslist?

I'm thinking of doing this. I just want to know what your experiences have been with getting things especially for baby off of craigslist.

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 11:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have gotten a few things from craigslist...it is a great way to get the stuff babys dont use long for a good price. I highly dont recommend getting a car seat because you dont know the history of it but things like a swing, high chair, stroller, saucers...ect. Just clean them when you get home...even if the person said they just washed it i usually do again for my piece of mind.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I bought a baby swing off of craigslist - it was barely used (their baby didn't like it) and they still had the box. It's been great! I also have sold some of my baby things on craigslist and I bought my daughter's bedroom furniture from there (it's real wood, not partical board and I never could have afforded to buy that quality of furniture brand new)

Answer by missanc at 11:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I did. I bought a bag of baby clothes and just washed them a couple times
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Nope, I wasn't going to take any chances. I was able to get a few family hand-me-downs, and we watched sales and bought the rest new (carseat/travel system and pack & play were the big ones but still not expensive), and we got a few things from the 1 baby shower I was given with our first. We reused everything for the rest of our kids, saved it all.
    Anonymous

• i luv craigslist. i got a pack b play, barely used, all her newborn-3 months clothes, towels, washclothes, almost everything, i'd pick up something here and there while out at the store, but i only paid with everything from craigslist, about 130 bucks and shes set till she grows out of the clothes, which will be along time, shes 5 weeks and still doesn't fit in any of the 0-3 month stuff...
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011