when moving how do u make new friends?

i moved and still havent made any friends beside my SO friends which are guys lol. im hopin once i start workin i make some then what other ways can u make friends im trying on here also.

devonsmama1

Asked by devonsmama1 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Ya know, it's probably been 10 years since I met a "new" friend. In that ten years, one moved away and one I just stopped talking with. So, I really haven't met any new ones since then. I have acquaintances, but not friends. Too busy, I guess.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• we are military so we move often. I recently found a great playgroup on meetup.com for my youngest and I.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I moved to a new state 6 years ago alone with my children. It was VERY hard to make friends at first but I talked to everyone at the playground, Other moms at the mall etc. With time I ended up making great friends.
    When I had my daughter I was young and I stuggled to make mommy friends. One of my best friends I met at babies R Us in the nursing room :-) We have been friends for 10 years now!!
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 11:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i am in the same boat! moved to GA a little over a year ago and i have only meet one friend..my neighboor.
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If u have kids u can randomely ask a question or comment 2 a mom who fits someone u would like 2 get to know, put them in sports or activites and then u can have things in common. Frequent the same places, make small talk with people at the coffee shop, mall, grocery store. questions and comments make other women remember you. Then the next time u see them u say hi and it goes from there. The problem is that no one is curteous anymore, get a shopping cart for another mother who can barely hold her purse and baby/ carseat. open the door for someone. Say goodmorning and chit chat about the weather and how you're new to the area. Once you tell people that you are new to the area they usually jump all over the conversation if not ask about good restaurants or places to visit nearby. If u talk, they talk.
    nqmochafrappe

Answer by nqmochafrappe at 3:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011