I am tempted to talk to the school secretary

My dau called me very upset about the change in the lunch menu yesterday. She was supposed to buy lunch- but they changed it to something she doesnt like. My sitter was nice enough to pack her a lunch & take it to the school (I was at work) She got it to the office by 10:am & told the secretary who it was for & the classroom #. Well, it never made it to her until close to the end of the day! I realize the office gets busy, but it would only take a minute to call my dau down to get her lunch. I'm very tempted to call the school to "express" myself & disappointment (& am grateful I have the weekend to cool down) What would you do?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would definitely call and have a chat! That's unacceptable. I realize it was just that your daughter didn't LIKE the menu change, but what if she had been allergic to something? Or what if she didn't have any money in her pocket or lunch account? She would have been lunchless...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Call the school, they shouldn't be able to change the lunch menue last minute, what is a child was allergic to it. And not giving her the lunch that was brought for her is keeping her property away from her, what right did the school have to do that. BTW, I am sure the secretary had time to eat HER lunch, even though she didn't call to tell you dd her lunch was there.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would definitely call and talk to someone. First off, if they have a published menu, then they shouldn't be changing it at the last minute. What about kids with food allergies who bring their lunches when the menu is something they can't eat. Second, why didn't someone take care of getting your daughter's lunch to her as soon as it got to the school? That's who they're there for, the kids.!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would call the school. She had to go all day an not eat. Hunger pains hurt, and then you get that sick feeling in your stomach because you didnt eat. Her stomach is making noises, where every kid can hear it, which is embarassing for any kid in school. Its not necessary to cuss anyone out, and if you feel like you are going to do that, then write a letter to the principal, and mail it to him.
    ANGELABIAS1222

Answer by ANGELABIAS1222 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I too would call the school.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 5:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011