Is 2 1/2 too young to take your child to the movies for the 1st time and if not, what do you suggest to see? :)

I think she'd have fun but I don't know how she'd do attention-span-wise, and also talking very loud in the movie-wise. :D But I think the whole experience would be a BLAST for her.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feel like it's too young, if you are considerate of others. But I don't think it would hurt to take her during a matinee on a weekday when the theater wouldn't be very busy anyway. There would probably be lots of sahms with small children.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Take her to a matinee. There are lots of kids at those movies. I am sure she'd like any cartoon!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i think it depends on the child. If you dont think she will sit still just be prepared to leave early or step out into the lobby for a break. I would go to a matinee' since there usually arent as many people during that time. good luck.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I just took my 2 year old to see Tangled. She liked it a lot but started to get squirmy toward the end. I went during the day so there weren't many other people there, except for other moms and kids. Also, If you sit near the door you can take a potty break or something if she starts to get to be too much. Good luck! Ps. I found that having yummy snacks helps.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Tangled was actually the one I was thinking of going to see! :) She LOVES LOVES LOVES when we do "movie night" at our house & we lay a big blanket on the floor and we make popcorn & lay together & share a big bowl. I think she'd love sitting in the theater with her own bag of popcorn too! I just am worried the LOUDNESS of the movie might scare her or make her uncomfortable, or we'd pay all that $ and we'd be leaving 1/2 way through...
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Matinee it is. It will have to be a mommy & me thing, Daddy works until well after dinnertime. Thanks ladies! We're going to the Magic House today. http://www.magichouse.org/exhibits-favorite.php That was the other decision... I don't feel like driving and dealing with the crowd but for her, anything. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2011