Little one still in bed

Ok I took everyone answers and worked on this but still after a month my almost now 2 year old is still ened up in the bed with us.for those of you who did not read the last one I will fill you in. ok my lil girl as always slept by herself never in my bed. we moved into a new house sept.1 and she has not slept by herself.... we have put her bed in our room and it work for a few days, then it turned into the same thing her back in our bed. so then we thought lets put the girls in the same room again and see if this helps.... not yet.. I am so stressed out about this, my and my husband are not getting along because of this....... I need HELP PLEASE

LEONGUERRERO08

Asked by LEONGUERRERO08 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well what i did was the mean mommy way but i was tired of fighting with my dh about it. I put up a baby gate at my door and even tho my son would cry to get in i would give him a blanket and a pillow and tell him his daddy needed to sleep and that was as far as he was getting then i would lay down next to the gate (i never climbed over the gate out of our room) with my pillow and blanket and turn my back to him. After a few nights of crying and eventually falling asleep at the gate he gave up and stayed in his bed. Plus we figured out that he hated his toddler bed so now he sleeps on our old queen size that we put in his room.
    memoryann121

Answer by memoryann121 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Why are you and your husband not getting along?
    Why all the stress?
    What's wrong with her coming to your bed midway through the night?
    Have you tried putting your kids in the SAME bed??
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 12:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It will take a while for her to get past the change. frankly, I'd let her in the bed. it only makes things worse to tell her no.

Mine was coming into our bed regularly till about age four. No big deal. At about that age, he started staying in his room and entertaining himself. Now at age nine, he only comes in our room when he's had a nosebleed or he needs us for something.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Maybe try a new bed that she gets to help pick out, or new blankets that she likes, or some new night lights. We've been dealing with this same problem with my son on and off now for about a year (he is 4). He's always slept in his room fine, then all of a sudden he was scared to. It came out of nowhere!!! So, since he needed a new bed anyway, we got him a racecar bed, with CARS bedding and night ligts. And we made a rule. He can sleep in our room ONLY if he is sick or if he's taking a nap with me. Sometimes he will sleep on the floor outside our room, but that's his choice, and usually now he sleeps in his bed. We also started praying at night and asking jesus to "please keep us safe and warm" right before going to sleep. This has seemed to help the most in the last couple weeks.
    beautifulkellyd

Answer by beautifulkellyd at 4:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2008