Are you a "Coupon Mom"?

I can't say that I really save that much $ by shopping with coupons mainly because the items and brands that I buy do not offer coupons.

pennycandy

Asked by pennycandy at 11:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Shopping

• not really.. i usually buy store brand, and they rarley offer coupons on that.... if i have a really good coupon and the name brand is less than store brand with it i can save a lot.. but on average i save between 40-50 a visit.. weekly
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• not really. It has to be a GREAT coupon for me to save more than just buying the store brand and the stuff I do buy name brand rarely has coupons. I will seek out coupons for things on BOGO at publix since you can use 2 coupons on those.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes---I use coupons whenever I can. I don't care if I only save a few bucks---every little bit is worth it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I do use coupons but I combine it with sales. For example this week at Kroger, Kashi cereal is on sale for $1.99. I have a coupon for $1 off 1 box so I willbe getting it for 99 cents. I use two main websites to find my deals- www.southernsavers.com and www.thriftymama.com.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I do use coupons from the paper and all you mags. and I shop at kroger so I also can print and download to card. I save about sixty to some times a hundred dollars a week matching ads with coupons. So I think they help with food costs. If no coupons for what you buy try their web sites and sometimes they will send coupons just for liking the item.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No im not. But if I came across one that I feel I could really use I will. Like diapers and baby wipes coupons.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 3:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have been known to collect a few coupons here and there, but usually either forget to use them or when I compare the store brand price to the price I'd pay for a name brand item with a coupon, the store brand usually wins anyway.
    beshka76

Answer by beshka76 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Heck yeah I'm a coupon mom! Every penny counts!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2011