Constipated ! ! !

Im 15 weeks today. I was about 30 mins in the bathroom this morning & wasnt able to do much. Is it okay to feel a little bit of pain ?? or should i call my doctor ?
Any tips on what i could eat or drink or just DO, so i could GO & never be constipated again ???

Thanks mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• eat some raisins or prunes
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 12:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• prunes, prune juice, apple juice
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Make sure you get plenty of fiber and water and talk to your Dr. about taking stool softener. I had to because I had to take iron pills which cause constipation.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 12:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My doctor told me to take Senocot-S for constipation. Make sure you stay hydrated and eat lots of fiber too.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• A small glass of prune juice will do the trick, but it is often explosive (sorry for the TMI) for me. I am 15 weeks also & I have been taking a Prenatal vitamin with a stool softener in it & it helps a little. Best wishes!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Fiber-bars, lots of water, raisin bran
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I agree with IlovemyPaulie, I also took a prenatal vitamin with a stool softener in it what a difference. The other ladies ideas were great to. Congrats!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I agree with taking stool softeners with your vitamins! And drink lots of water. Walking can help, too.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Eat lots of whole grains(thier high in fiber) drink lots of water and be a little more active, moving around seems to help get things going
    newmomdiva

Answer by newmomdiva at 7:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I still have my bottle of Colace from when I was pregnant. Consitpation sucks!! Drink tons and tons of water, it will help, and take some fiber (metamucil or the equivalent).
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2011