Thoughts on this quote?

"Saving faith is not about believing IN God, it is about believing what God says is true."

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 12:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would agree with that,it's true,what God says is the truth, but since we're human it also means he's perfect so he shows us our limits and how we can survive and love better with others.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• For me the whole problem lies with figuring out How can we ever know what God says. Just because something is printed in the Bible doesn't mean He said it. There are many cruel and confusing statements in the Bible attributed to God. "Slaves shall suffer themselves to their masters" being one of them. Believing that God said this is inconsistent with everything else we believe about God. I will agree with you that everything God says is perfect... I just don't now how to acertain if God said it or not.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 12:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• What was it in Dogma? The main character didn't believe in God per-say, but she believed in the IDEA of what God stood for.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• God is truth 100% all the way. I do not doubt that. :) Psalm 31:5
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would say there is some truth in there. Lots of people say they believe "in" God, but at the same time they don't profess to really have a relationship with him. There is a big difference between believe something exists somewhere, and trusting in it fully.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 6:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think that there are probably NO two people in the entire world that really and truly KNOW what the hell god is saying in his supposedly "inspired" book. It holds minute descriptions of how to kill but precious little detail on what he meant by saying "thou shalt not kill." No killing? No murdering? How about self-defense?? Truth stands on its own. But god's will needs to be "interpreted" by numerous flawed human beings. Which makes the truth of it highly suspect. And the quote inane.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• A down-vote? Really?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You seen a lot of people believe in God. Some even say they don't. but to say they don't acknowledges the fact that He exist. Crazy! The point is Even Satan believed in God. But he doesn't have a relationship with Him. A lot of Christians believe in God. But they have a very hard time trusting in what He says He will do. They don't always have the Faith needed to trust in His promises that are there for them. For me? I am a witness of what God says's is true. He promised me life. I am alive when I should have been dead. He promised if I cast my cares on Him, He'd care for me. He has! I've always had a roof over my head & food on the table. I asked for a husband. He gave me a wonderful man to whom I've been married for over 30yrs. Because I trust in what He says, He has more than blessed me. If you don't want to believe in Him. It OK. Question is: What if you're wrong? I'd rather know and believe Him...

WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 4:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2011