Peed in a cup... (pregnancy test question)

It took me about an hour to get back to the pee with a test, can it sitting out that long like "harm" the pee or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I peed in a cup once for a test and it came out negative but I was pregnant, it was my own little experiment, peeing on the actual stick showed positive... so not sure, but that was my experience.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't know... I would just wait and take the test next time you have to pee or tomorrow morning if you wanted to use first morning pee. I'll bump you though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I believe the instructions say once u peed in the cup you have to discard it after 15 minutues.I would double check, but I think that's how it works.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I read somewhere it will keep for a few hours before it starts to break down. But if your test comes back negative you will probably want to retest anyway. So I would just wait till tomorrow morning and do it with FMU so then you dont wonder!
    Supermama323

Answer by Supermama323 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Didn't you ask this last night? Did you do it again?
    Anonymous

• ummmm no i didn't ask this last night. that makes no sense if i was to ask it again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would do it again just to be sure
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I ALWAYS pee in a cup for a test and it does not change the results in ANYWAY.

Typically they say to put the urine in the refigerator if you can not test right away but you can try it and if it comes out negative then you can try again with FMU...just make sure you have the test first this time! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2011