how much to much to spend on...

a homecoming outfit?
im getting my little girls made cutom coming home outfits and it looks like im going o be dropping about 100 bucks on the 2 of them. thats not including my son or mines outfits : /
too much
or is the price of a coming home outfit priceless?
this will be marking our 2nd 12 month tour of afghanistan...

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 12:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I went all out on my Dh's homecoming. I dont think there is too much if you can afford it
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think I'd spent that money on a couple family outting's with a nice meal instead of clothes. Make it more memorable by taking pictures along the way for keepstake.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Personally I wouldnt spend that much. You are all going to be so happy to see each other, is it going to matter what everyone is wearing? I agree with the poster above, I would spend the money on doing something special instead.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't know much about homecoming but I think the $50 a person for a very special occasion is not to much, if you can afford it! If you have the money to spend then why not treat yourself and look great. If that money should be going to groceries than I would say that it is to much. I will probably spend about that much on outfits for my brother's wedding this summer.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• whatever you can afford, and want to pay, its your decision.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• well since hes coming home after taxes i was just going to pull about 200 bucks from the taxes on coming home outfits for the whole family... shoes new outfits,etc etc. i ddid this last deploy too.each kids gets a brand new outfit w/ shoes and accessories..
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If you're only going to wear it once, I wouldn't go too overboard. Honestly (and you should know this), they don't care what you're wearing so long as you're there to welcome them home. When I returned home from deployment, I could care less what they were wearing; I was just so damn happy to see them for the first time in MONTHS. Both times my husband returned home, I was dressed down. The first time, it was a black tank with pink puff paint that read, "It's a GIRL!" The second time, I wore a nice top that I normally wore to work.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2011