What to do when your mother tells your 8 year daughter about abortion, on how teenagers kills babies when they don't want them. Then she went on to show her what happens when you get an abortion at the 10weeks stage. Then contiunes to tell her that Obama believes in killing babies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd smack the CHIT out of my mother if she EVER said that to my daughter~ she has NO right to do that AND that is COMPLETELY FALSE about Obama!!! How disgusting.
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 12:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'm pro-life however your mother was out of line... especially in the way that she told her. That is a conversation for you to have with your daughter.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Boy, and I was mad when my mom pulled my kids aside and told them all about how....*gag* wonderful Sarah Palin was!!! I would have killed her if she did something like that!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I know I definately would have told her to knock it off. Especially when it is nothing but lies.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Tell your mother to S.T.F.U. when it comes to teaching your child about the evils in the world, that it is up to the actual Mom not the grandMa to put ideas into kids heads. Espically at age 8. Is she trying to scar that child for life? Tell her to S.T.F.U.!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I was not with her, my mom had her at her house and then brought her back to my house and they started talked about it. I was in shock and wanted my mother out of my house so I can ask my daughter what happen and how did this conversation get started. I am pisted - my husband is EXTREMELY Mad!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• First off, just to take such a young child aside and expose her to something she's definitely not mature enough to handle is dead wrong. To do so without your knowledge or consent is something so vile that it would be enough for me to keep my daughter away from my mother for a long while. Politics aside, your mom needs help.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 12:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• yeah! she needs help!!! I don't know how to handle this, because she will claim that is not how this went down. How else did my daughter know about this, I didn't have this conversation. the other thing I am concerned about is my daughter going to school tomorrow and talking about this. Can you image!!!!!!!! OMG!!! Pray for me! I will have another talk with her before leaving for school but OMG!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think you are full of chit
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You tell your mother that she is NOT your daughters mother and that she is WAY OUTTA LINE. I think that was stepping on your toes big time, because she is not the one responsible for raising your daughter. She needs to step back and realize that you are the mother and its not her place to tell your daughter things like that. Its up to you if you want your daughter to know that right now or not. I think she was just trying to beat you too the punch so that your daughter is impressioned by what her grandmother wants her to know. I have already told my daughters grandparents that issues such as that are not thier business to tell my children, and that me and thier daddy will take care of it. Besides- I think 8 years old is too young to even put something like that into a childs mind.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2008