Is it ok for my son to sleep in his swing??

My 10 wk old son sleeps in his Cradle swing at night and during naps... we won't sleep any were else.. is that ok?

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's the only thing I've managed to get my son to sleep in. It's been almost 4 months now and he will only sleep in his swing. I strap him in securely and the swing lays back. I've never had any problem.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would say if his little legs aren't hanging down off the swing yet it is probably fine.My neice slept in her swing all the time but as she got longer her legs would start to loose circulation in them so I would just watch that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My youngest son- he's 9 now- slept in his swing all the time. Many nights he would wake up and the only way he would go back to sleep was if we put him in his swing. Me or my husband one would get up, put him in his swing and sleep on the couch next to him. It got really bad! I would suggest trying to get him out of that routine. It only gets worse. We had to take the swing everywhere we went. My parents actually bought their own so we didn't have to lug ours there......lol
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Mine does. He's almost 15 weeks and has slept in his swing pretty much every night since about 5-6 weeks. Before that he was in his bassinet. Now he'll only sleep with us which I don't allow very often or his swing and God forbid if the thing stops swinging. He'll wake up immediately and fuss until it starts moving again. I know it's a bad habit but right now, I need my sleep. When I feel he's old enough I'll let him CIO in his crib but right now I'm not for that. And anyway he has reflux and his doctor acutally suggested putting him to sleep in a semi-elevated position so that works just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2008