What are you going to do when all your children are in school?

I was wondering what the moms here are going to do once all their kids are in school full time. My youngest will be in school this fall. I plan to return to school myself. I don`t know exactly which occupation I would like to pursue yet. Ive got a couple of choices in mind.. but anyway, just thought I would put that out there. :)

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I quit my high paying career to be a SAHM for 8 years, then while home earned my teaching certificate (already had a Master's Degree from before I was a SAHM), and the day my younger son went to full-day Kindergarten, I went back to work as a special education teacher. It's been the perfect compromise for us, as I am still able to get my kids on and off the bus each day, attend all of their school functions, and are home on holidays, snow days, weekends and summers...while my hubby continues to make the primary income.

Plus being able to add my husband and children to my health insurance plan (MUCH cheaper are far more comprehensive than my husband's), he was able to drop us, and brings home about $400 more per month! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's a while off for me but I run a business from home so I think I'll carry on with that, perhaps catch up with some TV!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I've always worked I wouldn't know what else to do except sit here all day long Just kidding. Someday I hope to find out when I retire though
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i plan on returning back to work atleast part time.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I will hopefully be done with school by that time and then I can go back to work so my DH can start school.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have one in 1/2 day kindergarten and one at home full time. I also work full time, but I'm able to do that from home. Once they are both in school full days I will start spending more time in the office, but be here to get them on and off the bus. Oh, and I'll CLEAN MY HOUSE!!!! lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I already work full time, so I suspect things won't be much different when they move up to kindergarten.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My plan had been to return to work part-time once my youngest was in kindergarten (it'll be a year and a half yet, but next year he'll go to preschool 3 days a week), BUT, I got a job yesterday, which is only guaranteed for 5 weeks but will likely turn into a 3.5 year contract, so...I'll be working already most likely! (Only 3 hours a day though!).
    Anonymous

• I've got a couple of business ideas. I'm putting the work into learning the skills I need now, and in two years when my son starts school everything will be in place.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think there is a good possibility that I'll be going to school when he does. I'm taking online classes now, but eventually I'll need to go up to campus.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2011