Who else feels like being a mom is just another definition for being stuck in the middle!!!!!

I am so tired of being the referee. I'm the logical one, the lovey-dovey one. I make sure dinner and laundry are done and the house picked up. You know what I mean,, ladies, we all do it. The same time juggling four extremely different personality/tempermented children, three dogs and a hubby that works 12 hr days with a 3hr commute. Did I mention I was on chemo and injections? I NEED A VACATION!!!!!

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 12:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, sometimes I feel like I am drowning. Othertimes, I feel wonder why I ever thought it was hard and enjoy every secon of it. Sounds like you could use a vacation. Spread the word for babysitting and check out expedia for a staycation for you and hubby. Sometimes just one night away at a local hotel can do woders.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 1:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't feel like I'm in the middle but I do feel the stresses of getting it all done!

I hope you're feeling better physically soon because that makes it all so much harder.

Good luck, momma! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You poor thing!!! I know exactly how you feel, I'm a referee for everything, in fact as I'm typing this I'm in the middle of fight as to who's turn it is in the front when we get in the car.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• :( it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. with all that you have to deal with, just one child would be a handful but you have four to take care of. i have three (all GIRLS) so i know what you mean by the different temperament/personality thing. girls can be extremely moody and i have THREE OF THEM! AH! i am sorry that you're sick, i can't imagine what you must be going through. maybe a close friend or relative can babysit for you so you can get this much needed vacation?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I know that feeling... At least it's not like that all the time. This to shall pass. You are in my thoughts. :0) Hope you get your vacation soon!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes----> I used to feel like that often! You have it pretty rough mom. There is an old saying that my grandmother, with 11 kids, lived by.. she passed it on to me. I am passing it on to you-----> "And this too shall pass"... And ya know what... It Does!

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Girl i feel your pain. I say as soon as you are up to it take a vaction by yourself that is what I am going . Go someplace and just veg out dont aswer the phone, order some food and just relax and be happy in the knowledge that you are still here.
    1221mom

Answer by 1221mom at 1:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I can totally empathize with your thinking when it comes to being a mom who "wears many hats" which really means you have mutiple jobs throughout the day which can be very tiring. If you have three kids and you are going for chemo treatments hopefully you can get your kids to help you with some of the work if they are old enough to pitch in to make life a bit easier on you. I'm sure those Chemo treatments probably make you feel tired. That part can't be easy to be going through in the first place and managing everything else that is required with three children dependent upon you.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You are obviously stressed out to the max, we all have been there, it gets better, or we get use to it.

Answer by older at 4:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011