Why are breastfeed kids so clingy?

I have never breastfeed my children and I am doing it this time around and she is super clingy and always crying! with my other children they weren't that wat.. anyone else have a clingy breastfeed kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not all are clingy, I've breastfed all of mine, some are clingy, some are not.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I breastfeed my children and people always commented on how independent they were. How old is your child? It could just be your childs personality they are all different.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 1:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• 2 months and I swear extra clingy..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's very possible that this baby would be clingy even if not breastfed. Not all breastfed babes are clingy. It's a common misconception though :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I breastfed my son and he isnt nor ever was clingy so i dont think its the breastfeeding thing...
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I am just going to pump and store as much breast milk as I can and just doing bottle.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Oh mine werent....I breastfed my son and my dd and neither one of them have ever cried or wanted me...lol. I have always thought it was b/c they both felt very secure and independent...

I am pregnant again and hoping to have a clingy child this time for a change..
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• lol, your 2 month old is clingy huh? what a joke. odds are she's "clingy" because she's hungry, and breastfed babies need to feed on demand and not every 3-4 hours like formula fed babies.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• breastfeedingBecause you have what she wants! LOL!!!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I breastfed both of mine and have one who was independent and still is and my 2nd who was very clingy but never fussy and still is very attached to me. I fixed the cling to make my life and his easier by investing in a baby sling so I could wear him and still do stuff. Good luck to you
    danni1982

Answer by danni1982 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011