Urban Decay's 'Naked' palette...what's up with that?

I'm getting one(finally), but I still don't get they hype.

They're selling for almost $100 on ebay and Amazon! It's only $44 retail!! I hung tight on UD's wait-list and got the email a couple days ago that my name came up to get one. It only took a few weeks. Not long enough to justify spending more than twice the retail price. Especially since it's not a limited edition product, and at some point will be ready available.

So...

Got one? Getting one? Would you pay the crazy, jacked-up price people are asking to get your hands on one? I mean, somebody is or the sites wouldn't have them listed at such inflated prices. They're nice neutrals, but are they really *that* special?

desert_diva

Asked by desert_diva at 1:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I wouldn't. I'm a die hard fan of MAC Dress Khaki eyeliner. They quit making it. When I find it on eBay, the prices are pretty steep. I kept looking around and finally a MAC employee told me they quit making it, but they came out with a similar color in a liquid pen eyeliner form. I bought it at the same price. So, I guess the moral is for me... No. It will come down, I would never spend that much.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I Have the same make-up but I get mine from private sale's called: Hautlook, beyond the rack, ideeli, rue lala, modnique, and secret sales. You would love those websites. I have gotten urban deday for $10.00-$20.00 dollars. And also they sell clothing.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 2:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Oh yeah, I'm a member of all of them and have gotten great deals on my beloved(for now) Lorac.

But you're not going to see the 'Naked' palette on any of those for a long time. UD can't(or won't) keep up with the demand and those sites sell over-stock.
    desert_diva

Comment by desert_diva (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I got the UD Naked a couple of months ago (just after it came out) at Ulta, at retail price.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011