Did you take fenugreek?

If so did it work? How much did you take? And for how long? Did it make you sweat more? I really need to increase supply and have been drinking more water, pumping after feedings and nothing is working! I thought I'd give fenugreek a try and I am wondering how well it worked or didn't work for anyone else.

andria82

Asked by andria82 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It worked well for me, I smelled like licorich (sp?) for weeks after I stopped taking it. the dose is based on body wieght and need, I didnt really sweat a whole bunch more but even if I did I still would have used it. I used the tea form and it was easy to drink, I drank my dose made by my doula 3 times a day with meals. I would suggest doing web research and also contacting a lactation consultant who will work with natural methods. Private message me if you want more advise. I am happy to help, I nursed for a total of 48 months between my two kids and had problems with supply too.
    danni1982

Answer by danni1982 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i took it for a few weeks to up my supply! i took 3 pills 3times a day with meals! i got about 2 extra oz which is wat i needed i exclusively pump so every oz counts!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• This is what worked for me when I was having supply issues:

Nurse frequently
    Drink lots of water, at least 6 oz every time you nurse and every time you pump
    Have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby
    Take brewers yeast tabs
    Look at pictures of your baby while you pump
    Wait at least an hour after nursing to pump.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• NURSE NURSE NURSE!
    It's all about supply and demand. The more you nurse the more demand, the more your body will make.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2011