My 23 month old daughter will not sleep thru the night!

My daughter had reflux so we had to help her sit up as an infant and then put her down after 20 min.. That lead to us helping her sooth to sleep. I cannot let her cry and go in every 5 minutes to see if she is ok. She screams and yells, and cries to the point that she is wet and sweating and really worked up.

Is there anyway I can help her...that does not involve FERBER...or anything like that? Also, she is not sleeping through the night.

This is exhausting. She is almost 2

HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know what else you can do, besides CIO. She already knows that is she screams long and loud enough you will come in and rescue her. I wish i had an answer for you... But i wish you good luck.
    And if you do end up needing to use the CIO, don't be hard on yourself. Your baby will not love you any less.
    I hope you find what you need!!
    I'll give you a bump.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• what is CIO?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• CIO = cry it out
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Move her to a regular bed, if you haven't already, and lay with her until she falls asleep. After a while, you SHOULD be able to start leaving the room before she falls asleep. My 5 year old doesn't sleep through the night, nor do I, so I can't help you with that part.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If she has reflux I hope that you have elevated her bed! My evelvating her bed this would reduce the stomach contents from coming back up. try not to give her a bottle/cup/drink two hours before bed as drinking before bed time will only result in acid reflux. hope this helps
    tamik981

Answer by tamik981 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I totally feel your pain. My son is 22-months old and still wakes up 2-3 times a night. I usually end up giving him milk (which he asks for) and bringing him to bed with me. At least we are getting some (albeit broken) sleep. I'm trying to get him to take a lovey - slowly weaning him off the milk (smaller amounts at each waking) and substituting the stuffed toy instead. I think it's a slow process ... but hopefully with work.

I just finished reading "The No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers" and it has some good ideas, with a special section about toddlers with reflux, so that might help you??
    Annie B.

Answer by Annie B. at 11:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011