Ive never missed a bc pill and now im worried....

DH and I have a beautiful 17 month old daughter and do not want to start trying for baby number 2 untill she is about 2 years old or a little older. So I have been on birth control pills, of course. I take them at night, and the night of Dec. 27th I forgot my pill. It was the last active pill in my pack before I went on to my placebo (sp?). Dh and I had sex either that night or the night after, I cant remember. But the day after we had sex I started my period. It wasnt a long one, a few days and kinda light. My mind is telling me there is nothing to worry about becasue I started my period and it was the first pill I have ever missed and stuff. But my body feels like a different story. I have been moody beyond all hell, emotional, a tiny bit nausiated here and there for no reason.... Im just wondering if anyone else has benen through a similar situation and did or did not get pregnant by it...? We are so not ready for a another baby, but if we are pregnant we would be thrilled im sure =) Im just wanting to know what my chances are,if any. Im thinking its very, very, very low chances I am pregnant, I just need some reassurance. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Also along with that, if I do end up testing, would I have to wait till the end of the month around when my next period should be, or can I test now? When we found I was pregnant with DD I was almost 3.5 months along (its a long story but my cycles were not regualr and I didnt notice any symptoms till about whhen I decided to test).... So I dont really know what to do here....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• there is a possiblilty but the chances are slim. wait till the end of the month to test, it would be too early to test now.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Doubtful, don't worry.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I really doubt it. I would miss pills all the time before we stated TTC. Missing one shouldn't affect anything. Of course, anything's possible, but it's very unlikely in this situation!
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 6:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I seriously doubt u are, did u take the pill u missed as soon as u remembered? If u r that concerned then go to ur OBGYN and have a blood test done, otherwise u can take a hpt but the results will not b accurate until a few days after u would have missed a period (if u do miss it ) But I seriously think u have nothing to worry about! p.s. If u REALLY believe that u r preggers than I would discontinue ur BC pills asap!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011