What do You Use For Dry Skin?

I've been using Aveeno w/oatmeal, mostly because my DR.'s office told me to. When I was tested for allergies w/shots the Nurse said my arms were very dry and to try it, and it has helped. I aslo use it on my heels and they're never are sore or cracked. I also hear to use Dove soap or a Baby soap in the shower, makes sense. What are some of your remedies?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• I use Dove body wash for sensitive skin when I shower and use Aquaphor and Eucerin when I get out and also reapply later in the day. I do the same for my dd who has Eczema but I also use Dermarest on her as well.

I try not to take to many very hot showers, keep the water just above luke warm when I can. Very hot water can be drying to the skin. We're also careful how we wash our clothes. Some detergents can leave a residue in your clothes that can aggravate dry, sensitive skin, making it worse. We use All free & clear and I put the wash cycle on an extra rinse.
    Anonymous5

Answer by Anonymous5 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Coconut oil

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I've been using Aveeno for my skin for over a year, since it doesnt cause my skin to break out in a rash and it does wonders on my dry skin without being overly perfumed.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I use Aveeno and it dries out my face but keeps me from breaking out I so I add a camillia oil balm for face with it and its great... I have chronic dry feet LOL! I use Nivea and its great!
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I use aquaphor for dry skin on my hands. It helps. I have normally dry skin and most soap dries it out more so I don't know ;o/
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• THE PROACTIVE GREEN TEA WORK WONDERS. THE COST($25) IS CRAZY, BUT IT REALLY WORKS.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 2:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I use Aveeno too and like it as a body lotion and for my heels. I use vaseline on my hands at bedtime.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Cetaphil moisturinzing cream. love it.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Gold Bond lotion, you can buy it at Walmart
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I use vit. E oil when I find it , coconut butter, shea butter, straigh old fashioned vaseline-especially at night on hands/feet. I have super dry skin from diabetes, smoking and often lack of water- I love water to drink but, with city water sometimes not safe, certain well water beng questionable and the occassional bottled water having floaties, I just got away from drinking enough of it . Also I stopped cleaning with as many chemial bought cleaners to help the drying of hands and help environment.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 9:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2011