do you think its ok?

I keep it really warm in my house ay night for my kids since it got cold. My 10m old loves to just be in a onesie. so do you think she is ok to be in a onesie and socks and a blanket. she doesnt seem cold when i go in at night or in the morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i always go by how my DD's feet feel. if they feel cool in the morning then i usually put another layer on her. if they feel warm then i know that the rest of her body is probably warm.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Having the house really warm is not good for the whole family. A warmer home breeds more germs ans spreads more colds. No higher than 72 and most people set it at 68. You will also have dryer noses and skin from a too warm home. People sleep better in a cooler room than a warm one as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If she is cold I'm sure she would cry or do something to let you know that she is uncomfprtable.I would say that is fine. It's cold in my house and my little guy sleeps in shorts and a t-shirt and he is fine with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• try to keep the themostat at 67 in the winter and 76 in the summer.. if she feels warm than she is prbly fine. you might want to look into a light weight sleeper to keep her from losing body heat if the covers move in the middle of the night.

rojareb84

Answer by rojareb84 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• ok just to let you know it just seems warm for me cause im pregnant. but it is set at 70 all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Sounds fine to me. Having the socks on is a good idea since that will keep the heat in.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Dress her how you're comfortable. Could you sleep in her room dressed in a onesie? If so, then you're fine. If you would need a blanket then find a way to dress her more.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Go with what makes her comfortable. My son used to sleep in a diaper because he's sweat in anything else if the house was above 68. My daughter sleeps in a blanket sleeper as long as the house is below 76 otherwise she wakes up freezing cold. Let your child guide you. Each child and person is unique.
    motheram

Answer by motheram at 2:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• my family is compy at 75 not to hot not to cold...i always keep socks on my son just because his feet are always cold...the same with his father the rest of his body could be nice and toasty but feet freezing....i aked the MIL about it she says FIL's the same way so maybe its a male genetic thing on his side..i dunno but were usually good at 75
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 3:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i keep my baby in her diapr most of the time,shes a big girl so she moves around better not wearing anything.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2008