Toothache in early pregnancy?

Anyone ever experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I remember going to my dentist when i was 3 months along, and they told me that pregnancy can actually cause dental problems.your hormones are going crazy, and the bacteria that grows inside your mouth (which is healthy, if you have good oral hygiene) can start to be harmful to you. You can't get x-rays, but if you are having problems, my dr suggested going to get your teeth cleaned every 3 months of pregnancy. I have never had a cavity or any dental problems in my life, and after pregnancy I do. And they can see when the problems started, and it was during my pregnancy!
    Good luck mama!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yep
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My teeth practically crawled out of my gums with my first round.

Constant pain. Try swishing with Listerine when it hurts; I think the enamel weakens when resources are sucked elsewhere.
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 1:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Oh yes!! My mouth falls apart in early pregnancy. Make sure you see a dentist because u can only have dental work in ur second trimester! I had awful pain in 2 of my molars and they ended up pulling them. Im glad they did because the pain was unbearable and there isn't anything you can take while ur pregnant for it! Best of luck!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 5:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2011