My baby came from..

During my first ultrasound i was told that the baby came from my left ovarie. What does that mean and how can they possibly know this??! :)

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 1:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That's a new one for me! Maybe the ultrasound tech was psychic! LOL! Sorry, I could not resist. I have no idea about that!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I was never told either way. I wonder too how they know.
    JAIMEELLEN77

Answer by JAIMEELLEN77 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My first baby came from the right ovary and this baby that I'm pregnant with came from the left according to the ultrasound techs ( I didn't ask, they just told me) I'm not 100% sure on this but I think they can determine which ovary by the placement of the yolk sac. Again, I'm not sure about that though. I don't think it actually means anything except for where in your uterus your baby is.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Besides the placement of the yolk sac the ovary it comes from develops a cyst on it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• After the egg is released from your ovary, a corpus luteum forms where the egg was released on the ovary. The corpus luteum then provides progesterone until the placenta takes over with the hormone making. The corpus luteum is visible on ultrasound during the first trimester, so it is easy to see which ovary the egg came from.
    Just useless info, but I have always gotten pregnant from my left ovary. I've never had a pregnancy from the right.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• They can tell by the way the ovary looks and by the placement of the yolk sac.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2011