Fever blisters

I have about 4 that started popping up yesterday and my whole lip is swollen and hurts really bad! Anyone know anything that can take the pain away or make them go away??

lovinthislife08

Asked by lovinthislife08 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• I had one last week. Normally they last what seems like forever, but this one wasn't as long. I started taking tons of L-Lysine right away and using peroxide and Releev. The peroxide makes it look gross and white, but it dries it out way faster. The Releev makes it go away in a lot less time.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Watch this video. how to get rid of cold sores fast 

You can purchase some medications but some are expensive like Abreva that runs like $15 buck for a very small tube. The home remedy above are maybe things that you have might around the house and it would save you the expense.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The PPs are good. The video says cold sores are hereditary - not true. They are caused by the herpes virus, and are contagious. Be sure you don't kiss anyone while you have a cold sore active - even if you just feel is starting. Keep the area clean, and wash your hands well if you touch it. GL
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Prescription Zovirax. The generic version Acyclovir is $4 at Kroger or Walmart. As soon as you feel one coming on take 1 or 2, 3 times a day. They usually won't even come out at all.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Believe it or not Blue Star helps me!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2011