Trimesters?

Hi I am confused some people have told me that at 12 weeks you are finished with your first trimester others say its at week 14 that you start your 2nd trimester. Which is it? Please help I am a little ok a lot confused. Thanks in advance.

nicbillera

Asked by nicbillera at 12:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• what to expect says 14 is when you start your 2nd and 28 for the 3rd.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• From LMP to 12 weeks the embryo develops all the major organs and becomes a fetus. From 12 weeks to 27 weeks the fetus continues developing and reaches viability. From 27 weeks on the fetus finishes development and prepares for delivery. Here the second trimester begins at 12w
    and the third at 27w 0d.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't know why I put in here****
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• There seems to be a good deal of variation on this, depending on your source. I always followed 1st:1-13, 2nd:14-27, 3rd:28-40+. It really doesn't matter, though. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2008