What is going on with my BF?.....Anybody?

Okay...I got a problem....I hope someone can help me with this....

I have been dating my BF for over 3 years now. In the 1st year of our relationship we were both always going out, dancing, getting drunk and having a good time. In that 1st year, we met a few people, were having a great time and befriending just about everyone in the bars we would go to. On two occasions I hugged a couple of people WE knew (men) and my BF told me that he did not like it...So, i stopped doing it....

And now, he constantly breaks up with me because he says i am flirting with these people i hugged. Which was over 2 years ago that it happened. He says he does not trust me when i am drunk. Yet, i have never cheated on him...Ever!....

Now, he just broke up with me again, today. Because we went to that same bar and he said he could handle it. Yet, he accused me of standing up at the bar talking to this bartender. And all i was doing was getting a drink...Then, he says it took me like, 7 minutes to get that drink....????

What???...7 minutes?....Is he timing me now?......

What the hell is wrong with my BF?...He never acted this way before, although our relationship has not been the best one either. I have never given him a reason to think i am cheating!!!

What is wrong here?...Please, any advice would help

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I have a friend who is married to a man like this. If she is at the grocery store longer than he thinks it should take, she's screwing the bag boy. If she speaks to the cashier at the 7/11 she's sleeping with him. And it has gotten worse over the years. She has no friends any more, limited contact with her family and I suspect he's hit her. He is controlling you with his "insecurities". He knows you want to "please" him so he keeps accusing you so you will stop all contact and conform to his wants. I think you need to take this as a warning of things to come and get out while you can.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Sounds to me like you need to let him go. Tell him your done. Find a man who is not so controling.

Answer by louise2 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• he's either cheated, being tempted to cheat, or wants out.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Maybe he's so paranoid because he's cheating. Could that be?
    DreaB83

Answer by DreaB83 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• tell him to stop being such a wimp, that if you wanted to be with someone else you would be.. are you 12? no.. you're big kids now and you should be allowed to speak with, hug, and smile at whoever you want to- regardless of whether you're in a relationship. humans are social beings, if you know you've got a boyfriend and you're just being social, he needs to stop being such a sally. :)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 2:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Sometimes people project what they are actually doing onto others to divert attention to their own actions. I would have no idea if he is cheating, but he sounds controling. I could never put up with that! Trust is the key to everything, in my opinion, in a relationship.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• sounds like either he is very insecure OR HE is doing the cheating. they say when someone accuses all the time it is them who need to be watched! you dont need a controlling headcase! that is a type of abuse. it could just get worse. gl.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 2:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• my s/o cheated throughout our whole 10yr relationship. It was on and off and once he meets someone new he was a new person with new bad habits and was just plain nasty to me but when that fling sizzled he was mr nice family man. He is cheating..
    Anonymous

• I agree, sounds like he is cheating or thinking about it, or wants out of the relationship. IF not, then if he's this controlling now, what will it be like married to a guy like this? I'd take a hard look at what your going to be with for the rest of your life w/this guy. It's fun & games now, but what happens when it's, Mommy and Daddy time? When your that controlling it's actually a mental abuse case, not necessarily physical, or verbal, but mental, I'd really think twice about your fuure w/him if I were you.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think you should let him go, first of all he's the one cheating when a man is cheating on his woman that's when he gets all controlling because he thinks you're gonna step out on him just like he's doing to you. wheather he's controlling or cheating you need to drop him it's the new year and life is to short it is beautiful when you in a relationship with a man who worship the ground you walk on why waiste time with a man who doesn't have a clue how to treat you? well good luck my dear i guarantee you things is not gonna get better just cut your losses now.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011