What would be your advice to first time moms about to give birth?

What you wished you would have known? I wished I would have known to stay home longer instead of going in so early, like they tell you. I now have known better. And my water always breaks at 3 Am.

Alma_C

Asked by Alma_C at 12:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Stay in the hospital as long as you can and as hard as it may be keep the baby in the nurery as much as possible.
    andrea515

Answer by andrea515 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Sleep as much as you can right now..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• sleep when the baby sleeps =)
    rojareb84

Answer by rojareb84 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• mine is kinda of the opposite of the last Its not as bad as what others tell you and not worth getting stressed out about it.

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would have to say take more pictures actually take pictures while you were in labor I dont have any from before baby. I wish I would have at least 1
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Take the drugs for pain ;)
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Stay at home as long as possible. Don't forget your toothbrush!
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 12:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Dont take ambien no matter what the hospital says! Oh and get as much sleep as you can in the hospital(seemingly impossible with all the beeping and other babies screaming...but try!)
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Take full advantage of the nursery and the nurses! They are there to help you, and once you are home its just you and the baby. And to take things to pass the time while in labor. My last delivery both DH and I were so BORED!!! I was in labor for 12 hours and I am not a patient person..LOL I couldn't get out of the bed, so I was craving some activity.
    giegie0726

Answer by giegie0726 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I had my baby 3 weeks ago. ASK QUESTIONS!! The doctors and nurses are there to help you, so when they are doing strange things to your body...ASK them about it! I opted to room in with my baby, BUT I had a wonderful nurse that would take her in the wee hours to give me a break and let me rest.

Also, stay in the hospital an extra day if you can. It really helps with the new mommy paranoia.
    Some people are very much against this...but epidurals are wonderful:) I am not a good "breather" so the drugs REALLY helped me get through.

cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2008