IT'S PRIVATE. Let the kid develop in peace.

I had to terminate a pregnancy at 20 weeks and to this day cannot look at pictures of babies being developed in the privacy of their mother's womb. It's so painful for me. Now everyone is showing their not yet developed embryo's to the world like celebrities who trash front cover magazines of their newborns. I think time in the womb is between that seed and creation and shouldn't be disturbed by all this unnecessary picture taking. My son was upset because I couldn't look at the monthly developments of my grandson (and he put it on facebook). I know this is new technology but has anyone stopped to think how the kid might want to be displayed?

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 2:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry for your loss but taking a picture of them in the womb is like taking a picture of their first birthday. It's a monumental time in their life and my son LOVES to look at his ultrasound picture.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Are you saying people shouldn't share ultrasound pictures? Sorry, but ultrasounds are exciting! One of my favorites is an ultrasound picture of my youngest son's hand, giving a thumbs up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I personally think you havent truly delt with what happened to you. It was traumatizing and it hurts to see what your baby could of been. I am deeply sorry for what happened to you. But I am proud of what I am doing and how my child is growing..inside the womb and out and I would like my family and friends to see it. Thats how I feel about it. Its not really that different then showing pictures of you child growing up once they are born.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 2:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I agree with SweetPoison. I have video of my daughter in the womb and I think it's the neatest thing.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I didn't want to share those pictures with the internet, but that's me - a lot of people are really excited about this time in their lives.

I think that you kind of have to skim past those things, or avoid their sources.
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 2:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• That's like a person that lost a two year old saying other people shouldn't post pictures of their two year old developing. If you can take a picture of it, it's not any more private than anything else, imo.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't believe there is a difference in taking an ultrasound pic and a pic of a newborn. A newborn can not say, "I don't want my pic taken." I think you have a right to your feelings. I also think a little therapy wouldn't hurt. It is hard to go through what you did.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Well I had a loss between my middle and youngest child part of the reason I have such a large gap granted not as late as yours mine was at 10 1/2 weeks, But when I got pregnant with my youngest I had two U/S at the docs and paid for a 3D and I posted them on my FB and a couple of other places as well. At places where it would be sensitive to others they would have the posb Trig disclaimer to let people know it could be upseting, but I wanted those pics even knowing what could happen as memories and not to mention the reassurance that everything was going to be ok with this one. I didn't get the U/S with my loss I started to lose it the night before my U/S but If I would have I would have kept them as well. Its an imporant time it the babies life when they are growing inside of their mother and the changes they go through are truly amazing and I am glad that I have them.

I am sorry for your loss.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss, but this is an exciting time for your son. The spot light is on him and your developing grandson.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss but you are being COMPLETELY unreasonable!!!

Taking ultra sound pics or in certain medical cases interuterine pics is a no different than taking pics when the baby is born. It's EXCITING AND COMFORTING to see how your little bean is growing inside of you.

You want to show off how big your baby is getting.

You should think about getting counseling to deal with your issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2011