Pelvic inflammatory disease...pain? adult content

So the Doctor diagnosed me with PID(not from an STD) on Thursday. I have been sick since last Saturday. Well she gave me a shot in the office then gave me a script for Doxcycyclin(sp?). My question is this...how long can I expect to be in pain?! I mean it still hurts. Like burning, labor bad cramps, and nausea. I would think that they should be starting to ease up by now..

RheaF

Asked by RheaF at 2:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• Did she say how you got it? What were your symptoms? I have unexplained pelvic pain all the time but always negative for stds and all they can find is a small cyst. I doubt i could of had pid for years because i had a healthy full term son and never any abnormal discharge. How did she test you for it if she said it was not an std?
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• She took a urine sample, a Papsmear and did a pelvic exam. That and based on my symptoms. Fever(102.7), nausea, vomiting, severe pain. Like it feels almost as bad as labor, all the time and it burns! Like my entire pelvic area.
    PID is an infection in your Uterus, flaopian tibes and ovaries.
    RheaF

Comment by RheaF (original poster) at 6:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I guess its not my case then. I had sonos and pictures done on everything i would assume they could see inflamation. My ob thinks my problem may be gastro and not gyn related. I have been suffering for yrs with lower pelvic pain with no findings. No uti's either.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2011