why am i not getting pregnant???

So me and my hubby have been trying for 7 months unprotected of course, to get pregnant. We have not had any luck. I have always had trouble with my stomach and recently got a ultrasound done to see if i had any fibroids. Doctor says my ovaries are fine and i dont have any fibroids. I didnt bring it to her attention that i have been trying to get pregnant for awhile now but i will nxt visit. I am 5"4 and i weigh 245 pounds. SMH i know im overweight. Do you think that can be causing it??? There are some woman who are overweight and still get pregnant i know, but do you think that could be my problem?? Please i know the doctor would be the best one to help but maybe one of you have been through the samething as me and came up with a solution. Please if you know anything, let me know. I really wanna have a baby with my hubby. ... BTW i do not drink or smoke..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• To tell you the truth your weight probably is playing a big factor on why you can't get pregnant. A girl I worked with was severally obese and tried having a baby and failed for years. Finally she gave up and went on a diet lost a lot of weight and BAM she became pregnant after taking off about 50 lbs. She weigh close to 300 and was my height. 5'3. She needed a scooter to get around. After she had her baby her weight dropped and now she's weighs like 180 and looks great and can walk on her own. Her doctor said losing that extra weight helped her conceive. I hope it happens for you, good luck!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I agree that it is the weight. I also think that stressing about the getting preggo keeps you from getting preggo.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I can speak from experience. I lost just 10 lbs. and had a surprise pregnancy! I would really try to lose as much weight as you can. It is better for your health & the babies health as well. When you are overweight already before getting pregnant, you are now open to many many health issues that average weight women do not have to deal with. I know it's hard but I ate soup (low salt) like crazy, I only ate when I was hungry (I often did not eat dinner when my DH did) and I refused to let snacks in the house. Good luck! You can do it!! Best wishes.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Also I never ate anything after 7pm.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes being overweight can make it harder it can throw off your hormones and that plays a big part in getting pregnant. Most doctors won't do anything to help you get pregnant until you have been trying for a year. I know that seems like forever when you are trying! but I think its like between 80-85% will be successful after trying for a year.

You can start trying to take off some of the weight while TTC as well just don't do any severe restricting or crash diets because that can also throw your body off.

Best of luck!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I agree with all the rest, weight and stress can really reek havoc on u! But also know this, My OBGYN said that for the "normal" couple 1 year was considered a normal amount of time to try to conceive b4 being considered having trouble conceiving. Good luck!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I do agree with all the others above in regards to weight being an important factor in TTC. But it is not the only factor. There are alot of overweight women out there that have no problems getting pregnant. I had a Dr. tell me that at 200 lbs 5'7 that I was to "fat" to get pregnant and that I had a "fatty" uterus. I took what he said, got my feelings hurt, lost a few lbs and was able to conceive within 3 months. I also tracked my cycles every month. Made sure I was Ovulating when I thought I was(by checking my BBT every morning) and trying as much as possible to not make this process a task. I wish you luck in this venture.
    Avandervelde

Answer by Avandervelde at 12:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• The MAIN issue with being overweight is not ovulating.

If you are ovulating it's LESS likely that your weight is a factor. I've been around your weight every time I've gotten pregnant. The doctor said the MAIN issue is ovulation and since I have NO issues ovulating it's unlikely that my weight will be an issue.

CHART, CHART, CHART!!!

If you aren't ovulating, charting will tell you.
    Anonymous

• I think losing the weight and eating healthy will do the job.
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 1:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011