not as healthy??

So before I got pregnant I didnt have the perfect immune system but I was pretty healthy...Now here it is almost 3 years later and my immune system just seems like its shot. DD is just now 2 years old and before I got pregnant I had a total of 3 cold sores my entire life...Once I became pregnant things slowly started to decline, Ive just had weird health issues and have had like 7 cold sores since being pregnant..like everything triggers them now, my immune system just cant seem to supress them..im tired all the time and ive tried taking countless vitamins. I did lose alot of blood after having her so I was anemic but they gave me iron and after 2 months my levels were back up just fine and ive had blood work and stuff and everything is fine. The doctor just said that most of the time after having children your body never regains its full level of health that it had before pregnancy, and that your immune system just isnt as strong. He also told me breast feeding can take a toll and I breastfed for a full 12 months..which by the end of it I was doing really bad, I couldnt keep my weight up to supply the milk and I was just never hungry..in part because my DH was on his first deployment and that was super stressful so I wasnt at full capacity to begin with. I also had really bad food poisoning towards the end of breastfeeding so im sure that didnt help either

In any case I just wish there was something I could do to get my immune system back to where it was..any other moms have this issue??

Italiancouture7

Asked by Italiancouture7 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• I think that a complete physical would benefit you at a regular Doctor. I would have complete blood work done. They can tell a lot from just your blood. If you are not having any other pains in your body, you just may simply be exhausted and stressed. Stress alone can take a toll on your health. If you are experiencing other pains, get checked for lupus or even lyme disease. If not, you need to build up your system with exercize. Even a long brisk walk is good for the mind & soul. You could try yoga too. Some Public Libraries offer all kids of activities at night if you have someone to watch your daughter for an hour or two. Go and ask & sign up. Good luck.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Try a b-12 boost. XS Blast Energy Boosts are very healthy. Mostly B vitamins and they give me a lot of energy to survive the week. I'm also on an anti-inflammatory meal plan. This works wonders.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 2:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011