Why is my period late a couple of days every month?

Up to about 4 months ago my periords always came every 28 days, i was regular like close work but the last couple of months i been up to 7 days late, whats making my cycle late each month. Im 27 and not on any type of birth control.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• It could be your aging, and that makes it different, you could have a hormone imbalance as well.n Stress and lack of sleep can also throw your cycle off as can lack of proper nutrition.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It could be a number of things. Have you talked to your dr about it?
    About 3 years ago my periods got all out of whack. I would miss months at a time (and still do). I knew I wasn't pregnant but didn't know what was going on. My dr said I was going through an early stage of menapause- yes at 32 years old at the time. They've never been the same since. But my dr did check for a lot of other things that could cause it and everything was a-ok.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• As you get older, expect your cycle to change a bit. Childbirth can really throw it all to hell.
    I've never found a calendar to be particularly reliable for predicting my period.

Check out "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. Great for understanding your cycle.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Everyones cycle is different. Most women run on 28 day cycle but not all... You may just have an irregular cycle. If you are worried about it see a doctor. There are factors that could make you late here and there that are dangerouse but they are not comon. If you are worried see your doctor.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2008