Menopause? adult content

Are you capable of having longer periods then normal while experiencing menopause? Are they irregular? Does menopause cause you to have irrational thinking also?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• Yes to all your questions.

Answer by older at 2:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Technically, "menopause" has not hit until you have had 1 full year with no period.

Perimenopause, on the other hand, is what women experience usually between the ages of 40-50 before menopause hits (ages due vary since many factors such as: health,stress, diet, eating patterns and other things can play a part in when a woman begins perimenopause).

I began perimenopause at 40 (I'm now 48 so I'm right in the midst of it..lol).When I began, my doctor (who is a perimenopause/menopause specialist) gave me a list of over 30 "symptoms" of perimenopause. Included in those were: Longer periods, shorter periods, erratic periods, heavier bleeding, lighter bleeding, night sweats, hot flashes, dry skin, loss of hair,changes in appetite, changes in taste buds, thinning of the vaginal walls & many others.

You can have a hormone test ran to see if you are starting perimenopause. However, due to hormone fluxes they aren't always accurate
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• welcome to the menopause world. All of thee above :-) I use D 3 as a means of controlling my loss of bone marrow, I use sage extract for hot flashes works well, and my irratability, I have to understand and use more self control! Welcome to the world of menopause
    tamik981

Answer by tamik981 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Absolutely

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm 37 and I believe I have menopause. Maybe this Wikipedia article can help asnwer some of your questions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menopause
    mamidebbie

Answer by mamidebbie at 9:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2011