So I just started...

Birthing classes...and I just cant get into them. Everyone in my class seems really into them. But just cant do it. I personally think its kinda silly. I know I really need to do them...and they are going to be really usefull. But I just cant get into them. Its kinda like being in highschool again. Ugh...any advice on how I might be able to get more into them!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I thought they were a waste of time. You don't really need them. Why do you think you need them?
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 12:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Everyone told me I did...And my mom signed me up for them.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I honestly didn't learn anything from mine, but got a lot of confidence out of them...and I don't think I would have watched a birthing video anywhere else!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I never went to any classes and yet I still managed to have my babies. I think they are a waste of time. Good luck.
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 12:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I never went to any classes at all because my husband thought they were silly. I don't know that it would have made any difference because I was never pushing or anything, but the breathing while having contractions wasn't hard. The nurse just kept saying 'keep breathing keep breathing' and 'breath in deep.' The only thing I did was go to the hospital tour, actually the day before Evan was born. Talk about cutting it short!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 12:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I went to the classes with my first pregnancy and hated them..the best part of the class was the snacks...honestly when it came down to it as long as you know how to breathe you will be ok, i never even used the class experience. If you really need to learn i suggest a video on birthing, its way cheaper and you dont have to leave the couch!
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2008