So I have my registry, now how do I announce it?

I'm not planning on having a baby shower this time..since it's our second. We'll throw a welcome home baby party after he's born, but I'd like to send the registry out to family and close friends. What is a polite message to send out with it? Thanks for your advice!

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 2:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would either let my mom or best friend know where I'm registered so they can take care of it OR make a post on Facebook that says "We got all registered today at Target and Wal-Mart."

That way all the people you know, KNOW where you are registered but it doesn't come across as a "buy me a gift" type thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Wait until someone asks, there is just no way to announce it without looking like a gift grubber. Chances are your family and friends will ask any way, if they don't you'll just have to make do with what they give you on your own, or buy your own stuff.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 2:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You might say something like "Gifts are not necessary, but if you would like to give a gift, we are registered at...."

That way your guests do not feel obligated to give a gift. Most probably will, but you take the pressure off them by making such a statement.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Well I had a shower with my second....and my third shower is tomorrow....I have a wonderful church who celebrate EVERY new life :) But I did not register or send it out.....

Not that I think its wrong...I just didnt feel right doing it. But for my shower tomorrow I printed out a pretty poem and put our new additions name on the bottom....added a cute clip art....then I rolled it into a scroll...tied a pretty ribbon around it.....

You could add it to that
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would send it to your mom and MIL and your best friend. Then, if people ask them, they can share the info. It'd be most polite to wait until someone asks, since you aren't having a shower. (If you want to be tricksy and not look grubbing, have your best friend post on you FB wall, "Hey! Are you registered for the baby? What do you need?" Then you can publicly respond, without looking like you're grubbing.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Send it with your invitation for the baby shower.

Answer by older at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I was always told there is no polite way. That being said, in my little town, we send the registry card with the invitation to the baby shower. I did not register for the second. I also had a Welcome to the world party. My sister threw the party and told people gift cards to walmart would be a great present.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Personally, I would let my mom and MIL know plus maybe any siblings on either side. Sort of....if anyone asks please let them know we are registered at.......... And then if friends ask what you need for the baby you can tell them where you are registered.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• There's no polite way to do that. You just wait until people ask and then you tell them.

Answer by missanc at 4:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011