Online dating question

I recently started talking to a man who i met on an online dating site. We have sent many emails and text messages. And have spoken once on the phone...

He wanted to meet me after just talking on the phone once. I told him i was not ready to meet someone so soon and i told him i could probably meet him in a couple weeks, after we had gotten to know one another. Well, now all he wants to do is text message me. He never wants to call me or talk over the phone...

So, i asked him the question..."Are we just going to just text each other"..or what?....and he said.."I hope not, your the one driving this bus"....

What do you make of this?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• He's probably waiting for you to make the move now, since you turned down his request to meet. If you want to talk on the phone, call him.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• just be careful. online dating can work out very well BUT can also end up not so well. maybe when you do meet dop a double date. he may be pulling away bc he feels like you dont want to be involved. or maybe he just wanted a 'hook' up and is frustrated now bc it didnt happen. GL stay safe!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 2:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• it seems to me that he wants you to determine when to take things further. He is just waiting for you to give him the cue to call or meet.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• He is leaving it up to u as to when u will meet.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If he's just wanting to text you and not call you, then move on. If he's not willing to wait for you to be comfortable with meeting him then he's not worthy enough to stay around. The whole, "you're driving this bus." thing just made me feel weird, like he's going to be using you or something. He seems shady to me.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes, i think he is throwing the ball in your court and trying to take things at your pace but i am always paranoid and would get a background check done on him and validate a few things before i agree to meet in person. is he on the FBI top ten wanted list and such, ... is he married.. ect. be careful !
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think he's leaving it up to you now. Maybe he feels that he pushed you too much by asking to meet you. I always think texting is a little bit less personal than a phone call. Maybe that's his way of backing off a little.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Go ahead and date online, just expect to be killed. Only crazy people are online.
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 5:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• He sound like is wants only one thing. I met my husband online. he was the one and only guy i spoke to on the site. We spoke every single day on the phone for hrs i met him after a month. He asked me to marry him 2 weeks later. we have been married for 2 1/2 yrs now we have a 16 month old and is happier than ever....HE PERSUED ME!!!! DONT CHASE NO MAN!! Move on to the next.
    Mrsmom09

Answer by Mrsmom09 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think that he wants you to be in charge, You should be cautious on the first meeting meet in a restraunt or bar and bring a friend, These relationships can work. My friend is happily married for 5 years with kids to a man she ment online,
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2011