Is this normal?

At night I try sleeping on my side. I am 19 weeks pregnant and now I wake up with leg cramps. Is this normal?

CarleeDalene

Asked by CarleeDalene at 12:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• O gosh yes ... I had leg cramps soooo bad
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• is it charlie horses, they are normal
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Very normal your baby is laying on your nerves. I would wake up all the time with leg cramps. Try putting a pillow in between your legs it will help.
    Anita
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Try laying something cold next to your bed to stand on when you get them. I used a yearbook. trust me it works. I got these horrible shooting cramps in my legs and all I could do is cry...literally. then one night I happened to jump up and it instantly went away. For some odd reason the cold helps. My sister had them too and did the same thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• yes and then I started to eat bananas. Havent had a cramp in a long time! Try it and I hope it helps
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 2:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Leg cramps mean you need more potassium, like bananas.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Trying using a pillow between your legs. This is weird but my uncle's doctor told him to do this. My uncle would wake up with a leg cramp that made him jump out of bed screaming. His doctor told him to drink Tomotato jucie. He drinks a 6 oz. can and it goes away within moments.I don't know how that would go with pregnancy heartburn though...
    vampjaded

Answer by vampjaded at 10:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009