spa manners?

ok, so my dh got me a spa day for christmas. i havent been able to use it yet bc we need to get ds used to a bottle first. neways, being from a poorish family, i have never been to a spa before in my life. i have had manicure a grand total of 2 times. so i am conserned i will go up there and look like a fool. but at the same time i dont wanna ask them any stupid questions. so is there anything i should kno, bring, do while there???
they are providing me lunch. i get a facial, manicure, pedicure, massage, aromatherapy, whirlpool bath, shappoo, style, and make-up session.
i will ask them if they have somewhere i can pump half way thru the session bc i kno i cant make it 6 hrs w/out my boobs exploding from milk. i am so excited and nervous at the same time. :/

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 3:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• take a swimsuit. wear a nice bra and underwear for the massage. yes, just tell them you need to pump when you do, and they should be kind enough to offer you a quiet place to do that.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Each spa has their own policies, so call in advance and ask them what you should expect. The one I go to provides me with towels, robes, and slippers. I dont' see any problem with you being able to pump.

Be aware, though, that each person who provides you a service will be expecting a tip. Your gift certificate will not cover the tip. I recommend bringing some cash with you, in $5 and $1 incredments. Typically I tip a minimum of 20%, rounded up to the nearest dollar. So if the entire package cost $100, and you got a mani, pedi, and a massage by 3 separate people, I'd probably give $5 each to the mani, pedi person and $10-15 to the masseuse.

Also, let them know what kind of experience you want. Sometimes I'm chatty, sometimes I just want to escape. If I let them know I've had a tough week, and just wanto to relax, that's a signal that I don't want to engage in any conversation.

Have fun!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The previous posters nailed it. You can call them directly and inquire about their policies. You can also let them know that you will need time to pump for your child, possibly more than once during your visit. They shouldn't have a problem. Remind them when you arrive for your appointment.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2011