would you rather divorce or be unhappy in a marriage so your kids could have both parents together/

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 3:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I did get a divorce and it was the best thing I could've done. My son's home environment is so much happier and healthier. He sees me and his father equally and things are working out well now. My ex and I even tried counseling before we split up and nothing helped. So splitting was the only thing left and now everyone is happier and better off.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I stayed for ten years and now I am taking care of myself. I stayed for them but mostly to work it out. Now its just a friendship.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm with kmath, I stayed way too long and was miserable. Kids are smart, they know something isn't right and seeing YOU miserable makes THEM miserable. My son and myself were much happier when I finally ended it. And now I'm remarried to a wonderful man who loves my son as his own and whom treats us better than I could have ever imagined. Thank God I finally wised up and left or me and my son would still be miserable and unloved by a man not capable of that emotion!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I THINK IT DEPENDS ON THE FAMILY SITUATION, BUT I WOULD SAY DIVORCE.
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 3:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• NEVER stay together just because of the kids. My parents did that and their constant fighting and yelling made for a VERY bad childhood. I was VERY happy when they divorced when I was 14.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011