why is that women chose men over their children?

for the life of me i cant understand why women choose their boyfriends over their kids...i have several friends who has kids and their boyfriends treat the kids like crap....if i was with a man who did that to my kids id beat the shit out of him with a skillet then kick him out...my kids are my life and i would never let anybody come b4 them not even my own mother so why a piece of d*ck? help me understand why women do these things

ShYmAmA08

Asked by ShYmAmA08 at 7:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I believe it's fear. Fear that no one else will love them, fear that they could not make it on their own, fear that they will die alone. My grandmother left 3 of her chilren for a man that would not raise another mans child, then she went on the have 3 more kids by him they lived happily ever after while my mom, an aunt and uncle suffered years of emotional damage and still do.
    flakeylime1

Answer by flakeylime1 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• A lot of women settle because they are afraid that they will never find a good relationship because they have kids. What they need to realize is that being alone is better then being treated like crap, your children always come first.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Its Fear!
    I put My Babys FIRST!!! My Husband is always last, he knows this and accepts this cause he knows little ones can't help themselves like a adult can. Its sad when I hear of moms putting men before the little ones. They are not good moms, and don't deserve to have children! Good Topic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Raising children is one of the hardest jobs there is, and even harder if your at it alone. I think a lot of women settle for what the got; meaning they may not think they are worth anything better that may be out there. Women look at themselves through their own eyes, which isn't always the best mirror. But at the same point, everyone has to remember that different peoples views about behavior, what is good and what is bad are completely different from the next person. Some could be in denial, not wanting to except the truth.

sweetpea04

Answer by sweetpea04 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Well this will be bad, but I think it has to do with maturity and understanding what it means to be a mother. Lots of the cry babies on here don't get that being young and pregnant and trying to hold onto a man/boy just won't work. Also, if abuse is involved, then at any age, kids can be second bested. I get so upset for those children because the cycle will continue. I love my husband more than may life, but the children we created togethe will always be my first choice.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Women who chose men over their children are IDIOTS...plain & simple!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 1:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Because they have LOW SELF ESTEEM that's why. They give their all to that man and lose their own identity. If they have any that is.
    How about woman who chose a married man over there own children. lol Now that's a winner.
    Anonymous

• I don't know, my mom did it with me and to this day we have a rocky/touchy relationship. I love her, but because of her always putting a man first, it left me with always putting a man last. I have recently learned to think more of my husband, and not be so selfish. I would tell myself I don't need a man, and that my husband can leave whenever he wants because I have my kids, they come first. But if it weren't for my husband I wouldn't have the kids I have now. But he was first in my life, then came the kids.
    3kids2many

Answer by 3kids2many at 9:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• there are woman out there that think they are nothing without a man to validate them. my mom was like that, im just glad that i learned from it, instead of following it.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Got a funny story for ya... I had a guy over that I was dating and had only been around my boys a few times (they were 2, 4, and 6yo at the time). So he was sitting on the couch and I had been outside for a minute with one of the neighbors. When I came in, I told him about our conversation and he actually called me a liar!!! I was floored... where did that come from! It was like he "got comfortable" and decided to be his jerk-self. Well, my 4 yo was in the living room when he said it and turned to him and said, "you can't be mean to my mommy. you have to leave my house now." so I backed up my son and told the guy to leave. Never saw him again. It was the greatest moment ever. I'm not sure where my boy got the nerve to say that but I was proud of him and it definitely reminded me he was right. :-))
    usafgirljms

Answer by usafgirljms at 10:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2008