I am on edge today...

I am getting over it but my sister straight out lied about my friends on facebook trying to befriend her. What tics me off is no one tried to befriend her. I only have 8 friends on facebook and they are my DH's family or friends from high school.
My sister is acting very mean, she thinks I have a lot and she has nothing. She has said this to me many times. I am thinking she means a family, a home, and I own my car outright.
We are not a perfect family, my car is from 1997. But still according to her I have everything.
So she tried to say that my friends hated me and told her so.
I did tell my one good friend out of hurt feelings how my sister was acting. And it stinks how a friend can be more like a sister than my actual biological sister.
I am not calling my Mom back today as my sister still lives at home. I decided nott o put my Mom in the middle of this. I will call her when I am not so upset.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 4:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I am sorry that you have to go through it. You need to talk to her about it face to face though and give it a good effort. If nothing changes, then you did what you could. I have kind of a similiar issue with my sis in law but not exactly. I hope it all works out for you. Take some time though to calm down before you try to talk to her.
    RhiMurray

Answer by RhiMurray at 4:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• you have a very jealous sister
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would ignore your sister's childish behavior. She will look foolish in the end. I would let it go.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If you know this. You should feel love and compassion for your sister. She must be hurting so much to feel this way and to do this. Reach out to her with love. Show her that she has you and you would like to share your friends with her. If you are married and have a child, you will be able to look beyond the actions and love the person.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• She is childish ignore her trust me its for the best.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No one should have to put up with family being this way. Unfortunately this is more common than not. I would give yourself and your sister time apart. Give yourself a break from her and her hatefullness. This will give you time to devote to your family and develop a way to handle her in the future. Contact your mother and meet her where you will not have to deal with your sister. This way you can still visit with her and she can still see her granddaughter. Hopefully during that time, maybe your sister will have time to think. If she continues with her current behavior, let her know that unless she changes you will not have any contact with her. You need to think of yourself and the influence your sister would have on your daughter. Keep your chin up and smile. It will get better.
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Have you tried to sit down and talk to your sister honestly and openly face to face? I would suggest this would be the best way to deal with her. Share your feelings with her and ask her why she feels like she does toward you. If necessary, have someone mediate the conversation. However, I do think that leaving your mom out of the middle is a good decision. It does sound like she's hurting and she's taking it out on you or reaching out to you, but doesn't know how. Give yourself time to calm down and re-assess the situation. Be the better person and continue to show care and love for her. Hopefully, things will work out.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 3:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My daughter is mixed and from a previous relatiuonship, her father passed in an auto accident. I actually invited her to meet my DH, ( at the time best friend), and she said to him, " At least you're not a (n word here)."
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• So I have tried for seven years to show her I care and love her.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011