So do you think this is a sign of readiness

So pretty much all my sons toys need to use the toilet from the plastic toys to stuffed... it make me laugh cause he'll tell me mom poop or mom pee... so as i have been trying to get my son to potty train and he is potty training his toys... i just can't to get him to use the potty... but do you think he is ready since he is making his toys do it.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 4:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you could definately try and see what happens. My daughter started early doing things like that and even peeing in the potty and then stopped for a while. I just tried to go w/ the FLOW litterally :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• He's definitely aware of it so I would say he's ready since he's starting to understand how it works. Good luck!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• sounds like he's trying to figure what its all about. I would definitely try it! my boys are only 16 months old but they have a potty chair. when I go to use the toilet they come in and sit on their potty and I always clap for them haha.
    hopfully he's ready!! i cant wait to be done with diapers XD
    good luck!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 4:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Google "toilet training readiness" and you'll see some useful links. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i thought my son was funny about potty training but that is adorable...some sources say it can take months for child to give it a try i think they re ready
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would start trying and see how it goes. For awhile there when ever my son would say, "Mom, buzz has to potty." I would put buzz on the "little" potty and my son on the "big" potty and it was great he would go potty and pretent buzz did too, he would flush both, wash hands and give buzz a high five. LOL It doesnt work anymore :( I tried lol
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011