Do you have someone who tries all the time to compete with you when there is nothing to compete with or about?

just about to lose it when someone that supposedly loves me, cares about me, married into the family always has to find some way to make you miserable right along with them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope.. I do not have friends like that.

Someone can only make you as miserable as they are or drag you down with them..............if you choose to allow them to do so.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• my SIL......when I got married I thought "how wonderful...i'll have a sister in law to be close to when I'm so far away from my family".
    WRONG. All she ever does is talk about the newest stuff she has, what her and her son get to do....the list goes on. When i do something, she's not far behind trying to something alike, but better.
    I'm sad that we can't be close because it's always a competition. I would rather her just stay to herself if all she's ever going to do is stuff to bring me down.
    Anonymous

• Ugh I hate those people on life, unfortunately I have a fair few of them.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I had a friend like that. Every time I would tell her anything and I mean anything her response would be, "Yeah well I ......" always trying to one up me. It is frustraiting that she could never just let something I said be. She always had to have done something the same or better. I'm sorry you and your sil can't be closer.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My younger sister, I just wrote about it today.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• See I have that same issue anonymous. I really try and have always done everything to make her feel like family and it just seems like she always tries to hurt me intentionally and is never supportive. Everything is always about her. We have had numerous conversations but nothing changes. It just hurts
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes. my neighbor. she constantly does. i can say how my son kicked a goal in soccer and she will tell me her son won championships in soccer. ill say my kids are on the honorroll and her kids are on the deans list.... no matter what i buy, have, or do she has to have, do, or buy x2 better. it drives me crazy. we got new phone and she went out and bought the $500 4g sometype phone so she had a better one then us... its frustrating. even if we dont say something to her, she will hear things from other neighbors and comment how much better she is...
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Good Now I dont feel so alone
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Not family, but my ex husbands gf was that way. She seemed to always be competing with me. It got to the point I had to tell her that there was nothing to compete about. I threw him out and she got my trash, so really any time she copied me she was showing her pathetic attempt to be more like me because she knew she was second best.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do and it is so stupid, some people can't be themselves or happy unless they are saying how much better they are or their kids are or my fav. how MUCH more money they have! I have disowned the people in my life like this and family still talks about me or my kids or whatever to them and they are still doing this junk, it use to make me mad but now I laugh cause everyone sees it not just me. I really think it's funny when my copy cats copy my hair, my look or my kids how they talk or what they do in general likes sports and all. don't let them get to you, I know it is hard but ignore them and they will find someone else to be better than eventually...
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 4:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2011